FARMS, RESERVES AND ACTION 21
Saint-Martin-de-Seignanx is the district capital and also the largest municipality in terms of surface area (4500ha for almost 5000 inhabitants). To the north the Orx wetland natural reserve is a major European migration stopover area. To the south the river and its barthes (wetlands on the banks of the River Adour) are also of major ecological interest. The Permanent Environmental Initiative Centre (CPIE) manages and protects the site.
According to the season, the pine, oak, alder, chestnut and acacia forests are ideal for walking, picking ceps, and chestnuts, as well as hunting (wood pigeon, woodcock). The landscape dotted with farms is used to grow cereals, grow garden produce and flowers, and breed animals: poultry of course and also «Blondes d’Aquitaine» cattle, highly appreciated for their meat and also the subject of an annual competition during summer festivities (agricultural show in mid-August).
Hotel structures are largely outnumbered by other types of accommodation : Campsites, gîtes or bed & breakfast. Whether they are accommodation providers, gardeners, farmers, biologists, breeders, nurserymen, fishermen or even hunters… the Saint Martinois have a privileged relation with the environment. This naturally led to the development of several walks and the town’s commitment to Action 21.
ACCOMMODATION IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX
- CAMPSITES IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX
- BED AND BREAKFASTS IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX
LEISURE & ACTIVITIES IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX
- PATRIMONY AND HERITAGE IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX
- GASTRONOMY AND LOCAL PRODUCTS IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX
- VISITS AND LEISURES IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX
- SPORTS ACTIVITIES IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX
- RESTAURANTS IN SAINT-MARTIN-DE-SEIGNANX AND SEIGNANX